We’ve all heard it. “Frequency of client communication trumps even investment performance when it comes to client satisfaction.”
Then why is it so difficult? We recently polled advisors and they told us that infrequent client communications is a common pitfall for them.
So what’s the best frequency for staying in touch with clients? And what media should you use? You know your clients best, but here are some key points to consider:
- Segment your clients into A, B and C clients to ensure that you’re delivering top-notch service to your best clients.
- Schedule client meetings well in advance of quarter-end so you’re calendar is full and your clients are prepared.
- Stay in touch with investors throughout the year using multiple media, including newsletters and events.
- Email vs. printed newsletters? Ask your clients. They’ll tell you what their delivery preference is. Just be sure to deliver.
- Leverage communications content and systems from companies such as SEI to make it easier on you to get your next communication out the door.
If you provide your clients with superb client service through a combination of regular meetings, events and mailings, you’ll stand out from the crowd of other financial professionals looking to manage their money.
But don’t take my word for it. What’s been your experience?